Our company is growing! We have more than doubled our workforce since our move to Jessup in 2014, and are seeking qualified individuals to join our team and grow the business. We have also added multiple shifts to our operations, and are looking to expand our teams even more.
Below you can download our employment application and find a list of current open positions within the company.
No Solicitations/ No Agencies Please
You are welcome to email HR@petepappasinc.com or come and fill out an application in our office at any time. We will gladly accept applications for both current positions (listed below) and future consideration. General applicants will be contacted when an opportunity opens up matching your skill set.
Our employees are a part of our extended family. We greatly appreciate the hard work that everyone puts in to make our business great!
We offer our employees:
Our Employment Application is available here.
You can email us your application, or come apply in person at 7805 Rappahannock Ave, Jessup MD 20794. To save time, bring a completed and printed online application with your resume to submit.
If you are emailing your application, please follow these steps:
We are proud to be growing as a company and adding to our team. We are expanding and adding multiple shifts to our operations.
Full-time positions we are currently hiring for include:
Pete Pappas & Sons, Inc. is a fourth generation owned and operated repacker and wholesaler of fresh fruit and vegetables, specializing in tomatoes and strawberries. If you are interested in joining an organization that is growing and offering an opportunity for professional growth, please apply for Warehouse Supervisors we have open for a variety of shifts.
*We will consider candidates with Perishable food experience as a priority.*
· Leading a group of 6—10 selectors and Loaders in picking and loading fresh produce onto company owned and outside carriers equipment in a safe, timely manner to achieve on time deliveries
· Understanding company processes and procedures thru written SOP plan
· Display high level communication and problem solving skills
· Understanding abilities to working in our inventory based software system Famous
· Be a focused , detailed oriented leader for your shifts responsibilities
We are seeking a Warehouse Selector And Receiving Associates to become an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment activities.
· Select various fresh produce items accurately in an efficient manner using a detailed pick ticket and pallet tag system
· Safely and efficiently Load trailers in a directed specific fashion so to eliminate any damage in route to our customers
· Safely and efficiently unload trailers with a variety of fresh packaged produce for our production team
· Perform other administrative duties as assigned
· Candidates with Perishable Food experience will obtain priority consideration
· Previous experience in Shipping, Receiving using a variety of equipment including Pallet Jacks, forklifts and reach trucks
· Ability to handle physical workload lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational skills
We are seeking to add a Data Entry - Warehouse Position to our team! You will be responsible for accurate data entry, file maintenance, and record keeping. We have numerous openings throughout our warehouse including our Production, Shipping and Receiving teams.
· Enter variety of data using our inventory based Software system , Famous
· Prepare and organize a variety of entries based on departments needs
· Create and maintain logs for tracking purposes
· Review and enter data updates in Excel
· Review and reconcile pallet tag discrepancies
· Advise supervisor of issues related to departments needs
· Previous experience in data entry in the Produce or Food Industry will have preferred consideration
· Excellent typing skills and ability to work in Microsoft programs as Excel and Word are required
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Deadline and detail-oriented
Seeking an entry level candidate for immediate hire for multiple shift Production of fresh fruits and vegetables!
· grading a variety of fresh produce including our main commodity, tomatoes
· Employees must be able to work in a 50--55 degree environment
· Must be able to work as a team
· Ability to lift cases up to 25 lb is required
· Candidates with produce and food experience are encouraged to apply, experience is preferred